Prepaid instruments are a variant of card instruments that can facilitate multiple use-cases spanning Lending, Expense management, financial planning, Neobanking, etc. Decentro has partnered with both bank and non-bank partners for platforms to launch with the issuer of their choice.
Decentro powers platforms to launch co-branded or mono-branded card programs with any of its issuers with minimal hassles and effort. Decentro manages the entire lifecycle from onboarding to go-live while the platform can focus on customer experience.
Decentro typically powers 2 types of programs across all its PPI programs.
- Mono-branded: these are programs that are run by a platform on a PPI issuer’s program only. Any cards, physical or virtual issued under these programs cannot have the platform’s logo on the card
- Co-branded: these are programs that are run by a platform with a PPI issuer where the platform’s logo is fully visible on the card. Any cards, physical or virtual issued under these programs cannot have the platform’s logo on the card
Program Funding: The platform (merchant) can load funds directly into the wallet using the pool account provided by Decentro or load funds using the associated Virtual Account.
A detailed primer on Prepaid cards can be found here.
The underlying PPI providers that we have for this module include.
- Yes Bank (live)
- Livquik (live)
- Transcorp (live)
- and more in the pipeline
This module has APIs to enable your business to launch its own co-branded or white-label prepaid cards or wallets with any of our partner PPI providers below.
Below is the recommended flow for a Min KYC wallet.
- Create Min KYC Wallet: this creates a Min KYC wallet with a virtual card
- Get the Card Details: This allows you to fetch the details of the linked card
- Get the CVV for customers to transact online: this allows you to get the CVV for online transactions
- Configure callback for authorization: this allows you to approve or reject transactions
- Configure callback for notification: this allows you to receive transaction information
- Convert the Virtual card into a Physical Card: this allows you to convert a virtual to a physical card
- Set PIN for offline transactions: this allows you to set a PIN for POS transactions
Updated 2 months ago